Wednesday, April 23, 2008

we're all in this together

It's a catchy song..well both of them are. One is the song used for the ad campaign for the Salvation Army, the other is off high school musical....I get them mixed up sometimes.

Today I don't feel that we are living up to it. Today it feels like I have been banging my head against a brick wall. I'm trying to get things done and feeling like I'm being made to jump through hoops....frustrating to say the least. Today it feels like I'm one on side and someone else is on the other and its a challenge to see 'who's going to win'.

It got me thinking about my role in other people's circumstances. Do I frustrate their plans? Do I push my own agenda on their stuff? How much control do I try and exert on situations instead of helping?

The whole idea of serving at times gets lost I think amongst our own ego's and agendas. It is a constant challenge I think.

That line of the christmas song "Gentle Jesus MEEK and mild" Do we really understand what being meek is about? Meekness is not a way to describe a pushover, a weakling, a wet blanket.

Meekness is "Mild of temper; not easily provoked or orritated; patient under injuries; not vain, or haughty, or resentful; forbearing;" Now that's a challenge!

No comments: