Friday, April 18, 2008

Jesus plays rugby




So I've just come home from a rugby game...crusaders vs chiefs. I won't get into the sad details of the game. At one point though a player was sin binned and the funniest conversation took place behind me.




Guy who wasn't watching: "who just got sent off"




Girl with him: "oh it was that Jesus guy"




Let me offer an interpretation for you "that Jesus guy" is the guy with the long shaggy hair and beard. It got me thinking about how do people connect me with Jesus. I would be in serious trouble if the way people would connect me with him is if I grow my hair shaggy and attempt to grow a beard!!!!




The evidence of Jesus in my life must surely come from me spending time with him and he rubbing off on me in such a way that when people interact with me, Jesus is visible. So I don't think its enough to simply dress like him or have a Jesus haircut or saviour stubble.




Although I do really like the idea that Jesus plays rugby.

No comments: