Thursday, April 17, 2008

Home Invasion

Don't freak out...my home hasn't been invaded....well not my actual building. Let me explain.
Today I was in a discussion with some great people. We were talking about the kingdom of God and understanding what it is... what do we mean when we say "we want to see the kingdom of God coming down.." afterall isn't the kingdom of God within us?

For me an easy way to understand the Kingdom is that I want the reality of heaven to be the reality of earth. What goes in heaven, goes in earth. Whatever the atmosphere in heaven...is it the same here on earth? If not then I want heaven's reality to become my reality. I want my 'temporary' home to be invaded by my eternal home. I understand there to be no sickness in heaven...so I will continue to pursue that reality here on earth. I will continue to pursue the life of Christ at all cost.

Jesus said "seek first the kingdom of God". That is a massive challenge for me because sometimes I want to pursue my own interests, my own desires or agenda. But if that agenda doesnt line up with the agenda of the kingdom, one of them has to give way. My prayer is that I will always lay my agenda down in favour of the kingdom.

I love what God is doing around the world. I love the stories emerging of God doing miraculous things and bringing healing and wholeness to people's lives. Yes I can tell people about Jesus and the Kingdom of God but I also need to demonstrate the kingdom, otherwise I'm just like a door to door salesman, trying to sell something I dont believe in, or have no personal experience of.

So I'm praying for God to continue to invade my "home", my life, my church and my community.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this idea of the kingdom. I worry sometimes that we keep looking for the kingdom to come down when it is already here, all around us. I see the kingdom of God at work in people and places I would least expect... and I like it that way. But I really like your concept of "what goes in heaven, goes in earth". For me it's less of a constant hand out to God for a blessing, instead my hands out to others for God to bless them through me. Not sure if that makes sense! Keep up the good work.