Friday, June 20, 2008

stuck in a moment


As I was sitting at my computer this morning working my way through the latest activity on facebook, blogs and my email accounts, the words to that song started playing in my mind "you've got to get yourself together you got stuck in a moment that you can't get out of"


The truth in those words at times is scary, overwhelming, convicting and challenging. Have you ever got stuck in a moment that you just dont seem to be able to get out of? There are different areas of my life where I feel stuck. Sometimes it seems that one event was a catalyst for the sticking and I either havent tried to get unstuck because there is some crazed comfort in the moment of stickyness or I'm afraid to make a move in case I go from being stuck to being sucked into the pit.


When I reflect back on moments in my life, these moments of sticking often come just after a season of 'growth' or 'favour' or 'mountaintop experiences'. They can sometimes catch me off guard...which they shouldn't really because I've recognised that this is a tactic of the devil. Yet I find myself stuck.


So what's the answer to my sticky situations? choice, repentance, grace, forgiveness, humility and determination. I wonder how many people have never reached their full potential in life because of the stickyness factor? That's certainly how I feel at times. If I don't learn how to walk through the sticky moments I fear a life of being stuck...that would be fine if my destiny in life was to be a post it note - but I suspect otherwise.


So today I am attempting to get unstuck

No comments: