Monday, June 23, 2008

A lesson learnt the hard way


I learnt a valuable lesson this week...the hard way. We've had a mum who comes to our music and movement group who has been pregnant. Early on in the pregnancy the doctors told her that the scans showed that baby had a hole in its heart. As you can imagine it was pretty devastating for them. It would been birth via C-section, an early birth and the need to go to Auckland to deliver (about 1- 1/2 hours drive). So I thought...I'm going to pray that God would heal this baby's heart so that there is no trace of any heart problems. That's what I've been doing for the last few months.

Well baby was born on Tuesday with absolutely NO heart problems of any kind!! GOD HEALED THE HEART! It was awesome!.....

Except I hadn't told the mum that I was going to pray. The sister was at playgroup talking about the frustration of all of these months of worry when there had been nothing wrong all along....I asked her about how the doctors decided that there was a problem and she talked about these tests that they had done. It sounded pretty clear that the doctors had known what they were doing.....so the only explaination that I see is that God healed the baby.

But because I hadnt said anything to them, to now say "I was praying that God would heal your baby and he has" is a little bit like closing the gate after the horse has bolted. I missed an amazing opportunity to honour God and to give him the credit for an awesome miracle. I missed an opportunity to sow seeds into the life of this family and to draw their attention to Father God.

I have learnt through the pain of regretting my omission that I need to be more bold when it comes to sharing with others. I dont ever want to feel stink like this again. So now I am praying that I can make an opportunity to still share with them about my prayers and that I can do it in such a way that they believe it to be so.

Life - its simple, but not easy

No comments: