Sunday, May 11, 2008

a woman is like tupperware...


So its mother's day and I've been thinking about tupperware....


  • Tupperware is costly and I know many men who think women are costly too

  • Tupperware comes in all shapes, sizes and colours and the same could be said of women

  • Tupperware finds itself in all kinds of circumstances and situations - from the every day household stuff to the fancy dinner party...its adaptable and multifunctional. Women are stereotypically known for their ability to multi-task...we find ourselves needing to adapt to all kinds of circumstances and situations.

  • Tupperware is passed on from generation to generation

  • Tupperware has a lifetime guarantee

It's these last two thoughts about tupperware that I've been contemplating in relation to women in general but specifically myself. There are women who have lived their life in such a way that long after they have departed this earthly life, their legacy lives on. They continue to impart into others through what they left behind; their written words, their actions, their place in history as a change maker. Catherine Booth is one such woman - I am who I am today in part because of the way Catherine lived her life. Something of her life has been passed on from one generation to the next and will continue to for years to come. General Eva Burrows is another woman who is living in such a way that she will continue to bring change long after she has been promoted to glory (which I'm hoping is not for a very very long time). She demonstrates both strength and submission and inspires and encourages thousands of people from every walk of life around the world.


So I'm asking myself "what kind of legacy am I creating by how I live my life?" Will there be generations to come who will have a greater depth of life in the kingdom of God because of how I have lived my life? My hope is that I have lived a life that inspires and encourages others to give their all for the sake of the kingdom. To help others understand their place as sons and daughters of Father God and to love. I want to be someone who loves with a lifetime guarantee - that despite the ups and downs of life, the challenges and the dark times, I would continue to love and be loved......


No comments: