Sunday, May 04, 2008

a warrior and a worshipper

So getting back to "living life God's way" from a couple of posts ago....this morning I'm taking time to reflect on Sunday's commitment "I am committed to live my life as a warrior and a worshiper as You, Father, extend your Kingdom on earth through me." I love the picture this commitment conjures up in my heart. It it one of strength, dedication, determination, a fighting spirit....a surrendered heart, a focused heart, a soft spirit, a unequalled passion for God, an intimate relationship with a loving father, a daily choice.

Jesus is my example - he is both a warrior and a worshipper, a lion AND a lamb. He didn't walk around trying to be liked by everyone. His motivation was not a comfortable life. He wasn't nice for the sake of being nice. Following the example of Jesus we need to 'war for justice, for righteousness.'

And as a worshipper in the midst of pain, hurt and confusion I say "not my will but yours be done". As a worshipper I say that God knows best, I will trust him in the midst of whatever circumstances I am facing right now.

So today I choose to engage with life as a warrior AND a worshipper because...

to be like Jesus
this hope possesses me
in every thought and deed
this is my aim, my creed
to be like Jesus
this hope possesses me
his spirit helping me
like him I'll be

No comments: