Thursday, September 18, 2008

kung fu baby


So I'm busy preparing for the weekend. I'm participating in a Leadership Jesus Way conference in Rotorua and I'm doing 3 sessions, Discipleship, Generational transfer and seed sowing. I'm really excited by the opportunity to be part of the team presenting and as I've been preparing what I wanted to share, my thoughts turned to PO....not just any big fat panda - THE big fat panda! I went to see Kung fu panda with some of the kids at church and we had a fantastic time....its a great movie. I came out of the theatre saying "that's a dvd purchase".

There are some great lines in the movie...

Tigress: It is said that the Dragon Warrior can go for months without eating, surviving on the dew of a single ginko leaf and the energy of the universe.
Po: Then I guess my body doesn't know I'm the Dragon Warrior yet. It's gonna take a lot more than dew, and, uh, universe juice.

Po: It is said that his enemies would go blind from over-exposure to pure awesomeness
Po: I just ate, so I'm still digesting, so my kung fu may not be as good as later on.

Po: There is no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness.


The more I think about it, the more I think there are so many lessons we can draw from Po & the legend of the dragon warrior when we are thinking about the Kingdom of God.

The movie speaks of destiny, of identity, of pain and its use in training us, of the enemy held in chains but set free when we hand it to him, of the call within each of us to greatness, of the discipline required for the task that seems too big, of the importance of a coach/mentor, of the prophetic voice, and so much more.

I am so looking forward to seeing the movie again, of owning it on dvd and being able to use it to help others unlock the secrets of the kingdom.

So while I wait for it to be released on dvd I guess there's only one thing left to say....


skadoosh!

No comments: