Friday, September 12, 2008

Invisible Vision

As I've been preparing to speak at youth councils this weekend I've been praying that the invisible would be made visible...that heaven would invade earth....that people will see themselves not through their eyes, but as God sees them. So often stuff that we are dealing with can be made worse because of a vision problem. We either have a faulty 'lense' by which we view the world, or we get so lost in the midst of it all that we can't see beyond that moment to know that there is hope, there is freedom, there is a way through. For me this weekend, I want to have 'invisible vision'. I want to see what God is up to and make sure that I do everything I can to usher in the Kingdom of God. When I'm meeting people, I want to see them as Jesus sees them, I want to catch a glimpse of God's heart for them and to speak words of life into the circumstances.

I'm reminded of the passage in 2 Kings 6 where Elisha is with his servant and the servant panics because he wakes up in the morning to discover that the city is surrounded by enemy chariots and an army with horses. He's really scared, not knowing what to do.

Elisha the prophet of God tells him not to worry because "those who are with us are more than thosw who are with them" And then Elisha prayed "Lord open his eyes so he may see." And the servant saw that the hills were full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.

This weekend I am praying that God would open the eyes of the youth of the Northern Division to see the reality of the battle. That they would have invisible vision - that which is invisible becomes visible - and that they have an encounter with God's holy presence.

No comments: