Wednesday, September 02, 2009

faces, friendship & focus

I realised yesterday as I was searching my blog for something I'd posted about last year, that I haven't blogged for way too long.

Last week I was at Manifest Presence Conference 2009 with guest speakers Bill Johnson, Kris Vallotton & Martin Steel. This was my third conference and each year has built on the previous.

This year I had a simple prayer - I wanted to encounter God deeper than I have before, to know him better, to see his manifest presence more than ever before.

God answered that prayer. I asked to see God's face and like Moses, God showed me his goodness. I had an incredible sense of God's desire for friendship with me. It was very overwhelming. There was a sense in which I felt God changing my spiritual DNA, that I would never again be the same. I came away with a new sense of focus for my life, my relationships with others and most of all my relationship with God.

I updated my status afterwards with this statement "Words don't do it justice, I'll just live it" - and that is really where its at. I cannot describe in words what God did in my life over the week. Any words I attempt to use to explain or capture the experience will simply place a limit on what happened. So my best option is to simply live the change that took place. I now live from a new reality, a new level of encounter and understanding of Father God and my place in his kingdom.

I know that there are those who will not understand, who will choose to mock, judge or ridicule...but I'm ok with that. Noone can convince me otherwise. My prayer is that everyone will come into an experience of the fullness of God's love that I have experienced.

God's goodness is to be declared to all the nations of the world - I'm up for that!

No comments: