Wednesday, September 16, 2009

the airpoints fairy is real!


I was chatting online to a friend a couple of nights ago and they asked me if I was going to be in their neck of the world in Nov (their neck of the world is a part I've never been to, namely the UK). I said I wish...we talked a bit about a chance to speak at an event if by some miracle happened to be there.


I then updated both facebook and twitter saying I wish I knew where the airpoints fairy lived as I could do with some more airpoints.


Today on twitter I got a tweet from @AirpointsFairy saying that my wish had been granted and she was giving me $500 worth of airpoints, I just needed to direct message her my details.


Now I'm not one to be scammed to easily so I rang AirNZ and the person I spoke to had never heard of this fairy.


So after a couple of tweets & DM back and forth I got an email address. So I rang AirNZ again to see if this person really did work there....and sure enough she did!


So I sent through my details and 5 mins later I had $500 more of airpoints in my account.


Apparently my tweet had inspired her - how cool is that.


So my balance is still not yet enough to get to the neck of the woods Ive never been too, but I'm thinking that maybe a few more cool as things like that may happen and I might just make it....if not I can at least go and visit Gonzo, Ma and Pa in australia.


So if you are on twitter follow @AirpointsFairy and if you're not, then join up and follow them (and me of course @theshar)

No comments: