Sunday, February 03, 2008

a time for grace

So right now I'm feelinlg pretty fragile. I just found out some news about some people very close to me and I feel absolutely helpless. I don't know what to say, what to do, how to make this better. I want to fix it and fix it now...but I can't. I can't make them change, nor can I demand that God do so. I know that they must come to that place of surrender themselves. But as someone who loves them, it is hard to stand by and do nothing. But I realised as I lay in bed blubbering about it, that I can do something...I can pray and keep on praying until I see God's grace transforming their situation and their hearts. I raced to my bible and looked up a bible reference that popped into my head. The moment I read the words in those verses I blubbered some more. It was like those verses were written just for me, and just for this situation at this time. If no one in all of history got anything out of those verses ever again that's ok, because for me at this moment they have given me hope, and peace and faith to believe that God's transforming grace is greater than any challenge I or those I love will ever face. I am reminded when I think about grace that "there but for the grace of God go I".

Please pray for my 2 loved ones.....God knows their names, and their situation and I would appreciate all the prayer support I can get at the moment.

drinking of God's grace, Shar xx

1 comment:

Brian's Blog said...

Father, thank you for allowing us to to feel your heart ache for your children. Farther may your love reign, in Jesus name. Amen