Wednesday, January 30, 2008

the sound of the ocean

One of the things I've missed most about now living in Hamilton is the fact that the beach is so far away. The nearest beach is Raglan (about 40 mins drive). I love water, ocean, lake or river. I have really missed the sound of the ocean and the sand beneath my feet. Some of my best days this summer has been spent either at the beach or at the river (mainly in New Plymouth). So with my last 3 days of holiday before the year kicks in again I felt the need to escape the city limits and head towards that wonderful sound of the waves. So I'm here at Waihi beach with my partner in crime Rebecca for a few days of unwinding.

Do you ever have those moments where you crave something? Sometimes for me it is chocolate, or coke, or the ocean. Sometimes I crave space from the world and want to be able to cocoon myself in God's presence....just me and him. Sometimes the sound of the world around me gets so loud that I just need to hear the gentle whisper of my saviour. It is a soothing balm for a weary soul...and at times I feel weary.

So I'm at beach, fulfilling my cravings...for the ocean, for chocolate and for Jesus.

gotta go, I can hear them calling me now

1 comment:

Brian's Blog said...

Blessings!!!