Monday, October 09, 2006

I'm still alive....

Its been ages I know and as an excuse I can only claim the busyness of the end of semester at university. We've had classes and assessments crammed up as two of my lecturers had to go overseas. I'm trudging my way through my final essay for the year, a 3000 word essay about the influence of Hone Tuhawaiki on the treaty of waitangi. Its due tomorrow and my word count is currently sitting on about 400 words so I really have to pull finger.

Its hard to believe we are almost through October...only a few more weeks of being 31! Im really looking forward to the weekend ahead. The Salvation Army is holding a conference in Wellington called "New Zeal". The guests include Commissioner Linda Bond, Pete Greig (author of red moon rising) and others. Ive been on the planning team so its been a long but exciting journey getting to this point. I'm really looking forward the weekend and hearing what God has to say to us as a movement and me as his child.

Anyway I must sign off and get back to that essay...I really must finish it!

2 comments:

Michelle Mama Bear said...

Glad to see you're still alive and blogging!!
I'm guessing this is the big weekend when you get to meet baby Mitchell!!
Only a few more weeks of being 31???!!!! I always thought you were Riki's older sister!

Enjoy your weekend in Wellington! (The weather has been shocking so bring your woollies!!)

Shar said...

actually I was fortunate enough to get to wellington for something 2 weekends ago and met him then, but of course I'll be making the most of this weekends visit too.