Monday, July 10, 2006

mondays

Well its Monday again....and the start of the new semester at uni. I'm really quite excited by the new papers Im doing this semester. I have a Maori performing arts paper which includes a concert at the end of semester, and an introduction to the treaty of waitangi. I'm a little less excited about my language paper, but that's probably due to the fact I'm really struggling with it...It will be a miracle if I pass (which is a really weird place to be in as I dont usually find myself in that sort of position). Its a good place for me in that I cant just cruise and need to apply myself. The struggle I have with the language paper is that I can't practise what I learn and because I learn by doing....it becomes so much harder. Anyway, I'm going into this monday with a positive outlook and a commitment to myself to pull finger and make it through. I dont want to miss out on the pass by a silly 1 or 2 %.
It's also got me thinking about the time and effort I put into my understanding of scripture and biblical things. There is no grade or essay to submit...is that less of a motivation then? At times, it would seem my life is geared around the things I MUST do, rather than what is of greatest benefit to me.
So I head into this new week with a commitment to learning, studying and making application in all areas of my life....roll on next monday :)

1 comment:

CheekyUkie said...

He ika kai akei raro, he rapaki ake I raro. As a fish begins to nibble from below, so the ascent of a hill begins from the bottom.

Kinda sums up ur new semester, go hard Cuz!!!

Toku reo toku ohooho
My Language, My Awakening