Saturday, July 08, 2006

the contents of a month

It would seem that me and blogging are getting off to a rocky start. Many times over the last month I've been somewhere and thought..."i should write about this in my blog" only to be nowhere near a computer at the time, and no time to blog when I am. This last month has been full of drama, challenge, stress, relaxation and so much more thrown in for good measure. My flatmate was involved in a car crash which saw her end up in Greymouth hospital and needing 2 operations, I made an unscheduled trip to the west coast to be with her, hung out in the hospital for 2 days (one of my least favourite places to be alongside the dentist) and made a rather scary but spectacular trip over Arthurs pass in the snow to get back to Christchurch in time to celebrate my Nana's 80th birthday.All of this taking place the day after I sat my exam for university.
I got my marks back this week and was totally stoked with my results. Its funny the goals you set yourself. I had never ever planned on going to University as I didnt really understand how it worked or if I would even have the brains to do it. So in my first year I thought it'd be cool to try for one A+ in my career as a part time uni student. After 3 years of trying and missing out by 1%,0.6% and 0.4% in past papers, I finally got my a+ with a 95% pass on one of my 300 level papers. So one would think after having finally achieved this long awaited goal, I'd be satisfied right? I am, and yet it has also shown me that its not about getting the grade on the piece of paper cos as we all know C's get degrees....its about the learning process and the change that takes place through that process that really counts. That's the lesson I'm trying to learn.
If I can continue to be open to learning, both academically based and that based on everyday life, then I will see change, in myself and in the world around me....hmmmm.

No comments: