Monday, November 03, 2008

gardening for dummies 101

I figured I need to explain myself...all this gardening, people will be wondering if I'm having a midlife crisis. I actually come from a family of Gardeners. As kids my brother and I had gardening diaries. Our grandparents had a small section of their mammoth garden for Rik and I to plant seeds and to help them grow. We were responsible for the care and maintanence of the garden. Sometimes I wish I still had that diary somewhere (I'm sure I could use the refresher course).

So here I am all these years later attempting to garden again. So far I have built and planted 2 raised gardens, made a stoned garden and today I have planted tires full of cucumber and zuchinni. I think Im almost done with the gardening for this year.

All I have left to do is to plant my potatoes in tires and sit back and enjoy the fruit (or veges) of my labour.....in a varying number of weeks time.

No comments: