Thursday, March 27, 2008

not hopeful but expectant

So one of the key messages in my life is the pursuit of Jesus - not just his nature but lifestyle too. As I read scripture, I remind myself that the same holy spirit that empowered Jesus empowers us. This morning as I was praying the Lord revealed to me that as I've been pursuing this lifestlye, I've been engaging with it more from a sense of hope, than of expectation. As I've prayed for people, more often than not, I've been hoping that God would heal them. This morning Father God challenged me to live out of a mindset of expectancy rather than hope.

I was listening to a teaching a while ago where the speaker asked the question about whether people in 3rd world countries who were seeing incredible miracles take place had more faith than western christians. He said he came to realise that it wasnt that they had more faith, they just had less doubt!

I want to be a doubtless follower of Christ....a disciple who is expecting...not high expectations...but expectation fullstop!

I believe in the transforming power of God. I don't want to hope for that anymore. I'm expecting it.

No comments: