Saturday, May 20, 2006

Jo & Ross's wedding


I had the pleasure of performing the wedding of my dear friend Jo and her handsome man Ross. It was on the 1st April which might seem out of date now, but since it was 2005 since i last posted a real blog I feel ok about sharing the news now. It was a fantastic day, full of really mixed emotions. Jo and I had been the terrible twosome for so long. We are both officers (ministers) in The Salvation Army and shared the journey as two single officers. We'd spent many a night talking about the possibility of marriage, or for that matter, singleness forever!!! Ross and Jo coming together was so a God thing. I am reminded again that he is the eternal matchmaker! If I had married who I thought would be good for me I would have married my standard 2 teacher! (Ok I was only 8yrs old when I thought he was dreamy). The wedding was so much fun and I felt so priviledged to be a part of the day. She looked absolutley beautiful and it was so awesome to see that God had blessed them both with a partner who would bring out the best in the other. One of the things that impresses me about Ross, despite his misguided loyality when it comes to rugby, is that he loves to see Jo blossom and lets her be who she is, without trying to change her, or quieten her down!
I remember Jo telling me about how she had said to God "Im prepared to be single forever, if that will help me fulfill your call on my life better." Seeing Ross and Jo together, I know that God has definately brought them together for a purpose. So while she is no longer my single friend, she will always be the other half of the terrible twosome that we are!

No comments: